Building Empathy and Community is a Reggio and Project-based Learning inspired relationship program for grades Pre-K to 1 (ages 3-6).
Children will develop their social and emotional skills and empathy for the building of relationships and community in the world they live and play in. Ms. Powell and Ms. Okuda inspire exploration and self-discovery through home-based provocations and creative play, inspiring children to connect with their friends, family, and neighbors while developing their relationship skills and sense of community.
Children can join Ms. Powell and Ms. Okuda on a journey of identity, creativity, and exploring relationships.
- Social and emotional learning
- Building relationships
- Empathy Relationship skills and management
- Connective thinking
- Friendship literacies
- Self-expression and confidence building
- 8 episodes
- 8 social, emotional and community based activities
- Relationship forming advice
- Community building guidance
- Value of human relationships
- Creative ideas for family, friends and neighbors
- Understanding How Others Feel
- Respecting and Valuing Others
- Positive Self-image
- Love and Kindness Rocks
- Radical Self-expression
- Being a Stand for Others