Miss Wingerter’s interest in teaching sprung from a love of working with children in theatre. As well as working with numerous children’s theatre companies in and around the Chicagoland area, performance has taken her from commercials and film to business ownership and design.
Originally from Atlanta, GA, Miss Wingerter moved to Chicago to attend Roosevelt University. She holds a B.F.A. in Musical Theatre, as well as a Conservatory Certificate from the American Musical and Dramatic Academy in New York. Miss Wingerter is excited to continue to work with the Bennett community supporting and developing programming for Bennett Day Camp, Bennett Live, and the Bennett Classroom community.
Imaginative Play with Miss Wingerter
Imaginative Play is a Reggio and Project-based learning inspired play program for grades PreK to 1 (ages 3-6).
Children will explore and express their imagination through play and creative ideas from the world around them. Miss Wingerter inspires fun and imaginative play through home-based provocations and creative exploration, encouraging children to develop their creative, play, and storytelling skills. Children can join Miss Wingerter on a journey of creativity, movement, and fun-based visual and physical storytelling.
- Imaginative-play skills
- Creative exploration
- Story-making literacies
- Visual and physical storytelling skills
- Confidence and self-esteem development
- Communication and self-expression
- 8 episodes
- 8 creative imagination-inspired projects and activities
- Play-based expression program
- Creative activities for storytelling
- Play-based activities to share with family, friends and neighbors
- People and the things they do
- Playing with our toys
- How we feel?
- Creating a play space at home Making up a story from scratch Putting on a play