“The wider the range of possibilities we offer children, the more intense will be their motivations and the richer their experiences.”
– Loris Malaguzzi (1920-1994)
Apply Today for Spring and Summer!
MARCH 22, 2021 - JUNE 11, 2021
- Small group, of 7-8 children
- Guided onscreen by an experienced educator
- Specialist classes in Active Play and Creative Music
- Learning is guided by our Ten Pedagogical Principles
- Designed for healthy screen time, by being creative, active, and social around the screen
- The Pod meets daily M-F, for 11-12 weeks
- 8:30-11:30 am, 2:30-3:00 pm (CDT/CST)
- Movement, snack and screen breaks.
- Min 2.5 hours a day of synchronous learning
- Asynchronous activities for independent home learning
- Welcome “intake” meeting
- Teacher meet/greet with a child-led home tour
- Weekly learning summary and guide of activities and resource needs
- Bi-monthly 1-1 Family Conferences
- Family Social Hours
- Home learning support.
- Daily access via Zoom
- After-Pod home activities via Seesaw
- Family communications and updates via Moment
- Home Pod technology support and guidance
Our daily schedule provides both consistency and flexibility for our young learners and families.
8:30 am: Morning Meeting with Breakfast or Snack
9:00 am: Explorations
9:30 am: Literacy or Math Time
10:00 am: Music or Movement
10:30 am: Guided Project-based Learning (PBL)
11:00 am: Media Literacies
11:30am: Pod Close
2:30-3:00 pm: Afternoon Story and Closing Circle
* Dance parties, snack, bathroom, and screen breaks, as needed.
Movement and music are very important for young learners. We provide weekly 30-min classes with specialist guests.
Mondays: Creative Movement or Creative Music
Tuesdays: Active Play
Wednesday: Spirit Day**
Thursday: Active Play
** On Spirit Days, we shake-up our inner spirit with some creative fun and radical self-expression. From Crazy Hair to Wacky Socks, and Favorite Super Heros, Wednesday are Spirit Days!
A library of video, project ideas and resources to supporting and ignite creativity and project-based learning at home. Easily accessible to children and families everywhere, the mobile application is available for download on Google Play and iTunes.
We have put together a detailed list of frequently asked questions for our families about Bennett Live and our different offerings and resources for families learning at home.
Bennett Live Learning Guide
Receive a Pod Welcome Guide which includes an overview and calendar, introduction to your Pod teachers, advice home learning space design, and a list of resources your child may need.