“The wider the range of possibilities we offer children, the more intense will be their motivations and the richer their experiences.”
– Loris Malaguzzi (1920-1994)
- Small multiage group, of 7-8 children
- Guided by an experienced educator, via the screen
- Weekly specialist classes in Active Play, Dance, and Creative Music
- Learning is guided by our Ten Pedagogical Principles
- Designed for healthy screen time, by being creative, active, and social around the screen
- The Pod meets daily M-F, for 11-12 weeks
- 8:30-11:30 am, 2:30-3:00 pm (CDT/CST)
- With movement, snack and screen breaks, and social activities
- Min 2.5 hours a day of synchronous learning
- Asynchronous activities designed for independent home learning
Family Learning Design
- Welcome “intake” meeting
- Teacher meet/greet with a child-led home tour
- Weekly learning summary and guide of activities and resource needs
- Bi-monthly 1-1 Family Conferences
- Monthly Family Social Hours
- Home learning support and guidance
- Pod daily access via Zoom
- After-Pod home activities via Seesaw
- Family communications and updates via Moment
- Home Pod technology support and guidance
Our daily schedule provides both consistency and flexibility for our young learners and families.
8:30 am: Morning Meeting with Breakfast or Snack
9:00 am: Explorations
9:30 am: Literacy or Math Time
10:00 am: Music or Movement
10:30 am: Guided Project-based Learning (PBL)
11:00 am: Media Literacies
11:30am: Pod Close
2:30-3:00 pm: Afternoon Story and Closing Circle
* Dance parties, snack, bathroom, and screen breaks, as needed.
Movement and music are very important for young learners. From week 3 in the Pod, we provide daily 30-min classes with specialist guests.
Mondays: Creative Movement or Creative Music
Tuesdays: Active Play
Wednesday: Spirit Day** and Creative Movement
Thursday: Active Play
Friday: Creative Music
** On Spirit Days, we shake-up our inner spirit with some creative fun and radical self-expression. From Crazy Hair to Wacky Socks, and Favorite Super Heros, Wednesday are Spirit Days!
We developed the Bennett Live Mobile Application so that all our media, class, and pod offerings and resources are easily accessible to children and families everywhere. The mobile application is available for download on Google Play and iTunes.
Making decisions about your child’s learning always comes with many questions. We have put together this detailed list of frequently asked questions for our families about Bennett Live and our different offerings.
Bennett Live Learning Guide
On acceptance into our Pod Program, your family will receive a Pod Welcome Guide which includes an overview and Pod calendar, introduction to your Pod Teacher, advice home learning space design, and a list of resources your child may need.